1.09.2010

Welcome to 2010!

It's hard to believe that it's almost half-way through January already! Typically the month of January is a slow one at work for me, but not this year! I have been as busy as a bee, however I was informed on Friday that we are all returning to 35-hour work weeks and my new hours will be 9:30 to 5:30. This is very exciting news! I hope that it really works out!

Many of you now know that Jon & I purchased our first home! We closed on December 11 and moved in on December 12. We are mostly unpacked and settled in. The main catalyst for that was Christmas! We hosted Mom & Dad Powell, Adam, Amy, and cousins Bryan & Angie with their 2 children, Glynn & Ainsley. They are cousins of mine on my dad's side & this makes 2 Christmases in a row with them! :-)

It was really one of the best Christmases ever. It felt so cozy and warm in our little house! I am looking forward to many more Christmases here.

I will post pictures soon! If you want our new address let me know & I'll email it to you!

I'm excited about this new year. As of yet we don't have a whole lot of plans in the pipeline. In July we're planning a trip to Bastrop, TX (near Austin) to celebrate my Grammy & Grandpa Powell's 60th wedding anniversary. We're looking forward to many laughs to be shared with family. Other than that, nothing is set in stone. Jon is continuing to enjoy his job here in RTP. My job is keeping me very busy - which is good for our company, but I'm tired! I am hoping that our revenues will recover enough to *hopefully* allow us to hire someone to help in my department. That's what I'm praying for anyway! I'm still dreaming of graduate school. I just keep telling myself it's never too late! For now, we are going to get settled in our home and anticipate spring when we can start doing some projects in the yard, including putting in a veggie garden. It will probably be a small one to start with - we're both novices, and I don't want to go too big on our first try.

We have a lovely guest room, so if you ever need a place to stay in Durham, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
i strongly dislike cilantro - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords